
July 10, 2005
Picture from Kyle's place.... the city of Denver is in the far background.
After packing our van we headed over to the South Denver Church. Many greeted us warmly, especially by Patsy Jacobs and Nancy and Katie Columbia. As worship through singing began, God’s grace was evident in the passionate for them worship. Keith Jacobs expressed his gratefulness for our being there and I was able to commend him for the work he is doing, for the sacrifices he has made, and observe with him how God has been at work in the lives of people he is serving. I trust we were able to encourage him as he did an outstanding job caring for the church—his love for them and their love for him was clear in his preaching and interaction with others after the meeting. I went to South Denver asking God that I might be a means of encouragement to Keith and others—and though I trust God was able to use me—I received much refreshment and encouragement from people there and we left with grateful hearts at what God is doing—grateful too for the church family at Grace Community where we call home.
I also had the opportunity to meet Mr. Mace (Clarice’s dad) and specifically thank him for his daughter and the way she is serving us.
Afterwards, we had lunch with Kyle and headed out.

Mom here is a new and updated picture of Kyle for the milk cartoon photo in case he doesn't call until he is ready to come home in September.

We stopped in Cheyenne, Wyoming to take some pictures at the Capitol building and Train yard(not the same location) . It was neat to see this part of America—all the buttes made for a picturesque ride—especially when the sun was setting behind them.
Another cool thing were the wind turbines.

We stopped in Cheyenne and at a stop further on. After several hours on the road I couldn’t wait to get to our hotel in Salt Lake City. The last hour seemed interminable as the BPSI increased what
seemed ten-fold together with the growing darkness and descent 10 miles into canyons made everything slow-going.In the morning, we will visit the Great Salt Lake.
*BPSI = bugs per square inch 
Views from the car as we drive through Wyoming. It was beautiful!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home