Nabbed...
While driving through Mojave California late one evening I sped up to pass a Tractor Trailer (one of about 1000 on this dark and lonely stretch of highway) I successfully passed the Truck, moved back in the right lane when the red and blue lights of a California State Patrol car invited me to pull over. It was a bit surreal as the passenger of the patrol car (another trooper) ran to our vehicle with his flashlight and announced that he had someone without a seatbelt. After receiving my ticket, I thanked him. I'm not grateful to have a ticket...my first in a dozen years, but it was an opportunity to be humble, teach my children, and reveal perhaps where a child of mine might be obedient outwardly...and like me doing things where I don't think I'm likely to be caught. So, having the ticket for doing 86 mph and having a passenger without a seatbelt, in the long run, provided an opportunity to preach the Gospel to myself and to my children. I have been driving slower since then--though I believe for fear of getting another ticket.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home